Hey there! I’m filling in for the esteemed StatiK this week on Bass Report while he’s out traveling and whatnot. I’ve brought my own musical (still bassy, don’t worry) taste to the Report, and I hope you enjoy!
ƱZ emerged from the ether with a massively Bass Report worthy set of tracks, each one adding to his aptly named series “Trap Shit.” In typical ƱZ fashion, they pack a punch. And by punch, in this case, I mean it’s like taking a table over the head.
1. UZ – Trap Shit V17-20
Released under Mad Decent‘s Jeffree’s sublabel, ƱZ‘s slow grooves will have you rocking in your chair in no time. They each grind through with unspeakable intensity; the energy builds through each song, leading the listener into an enlightened state of Bass. If you need further convincing, just skip to the second main drop section of “Trap Shit V17.”
Yeah. I told you so.
2. Opiuo – Quack Fat
I know StatiK usually leaves the second track explanation-less, but I just have to say something about this song. It’s damn good. Like, KOAN Sound good, plus a sense of humor.
3. KATFYR – Lose Control (feat. Maruja Retana)
4. Slum Village – Fall in Love (Moody Good Remix)
5. Symone – Buyakasha (Grandtheft and Smalltown DJs Remix)
6. Chromeo – Jealous (Dillon Francis Remix)
7. Fractal – Urchin (Prismatic and Wes Goodie Remix)
8. Diplo and GTA – Boy Oh Boy (Thugli Remix)
9. Faux Tales – Atlas
*Late Night Special*
SZA – Babylon (Swish Remix)