Rare Beef head honcho, Michael Imperial issues an end-to-end burner DJ mix. Perfectly suited for both night time joy rides and peak hours at the club, it highlights the infectious bass lines, syncopated vocal samples, and driving percussions found in house, club, techno and UK bass.
I wanted to capture the intensity and energy of a 1:00am DJ slot, as well as showcase music from Canadian electronic labels. Shout out to: Turbo, Main Course and obviously Rare Beef. The CRTC would be proud.
The mix was created to promote the upcoming event: The Field Trip Discovery Series IV featuring Deebs, Imposter(s), Beta Frontiers, Waxlimbs and Michael himself. The showcase takes place on Thursday August 28 at Tattoo (567 Queen Street West, Toronto). Free entry with doors at 9PM.
- Claude Von Stroke – Lay It Down (Jimmy Edgar Remix) [dirtybird]
- Hoshina Anniversary – Let Your Guard Down [Boysnoize]
- Duke Dumont – Slow Dance [Turbo]
- Three Bar – Movin [Saints & Sonnets]
- Bart B More – Work Dat [Secure Recording]
- AutoKratz – Push [Badlife]
- FANBOY – Round Me [Rare Beef]
- Maceo Plex – ENTER.Space [Minus]
- Bot & Wafa – MSMFN (Whitesquare Remix) [Main Course]
- Keiska – Lil Frikk [Top Billin]
- Nick Olivetti – Looping Machine [dirtybird]
- Richy Ahmed – The Drums feat. Kevin Knapp [Hot Creations]
- Michael Imperial – Drinks Up [Rare Beef]
- Bodhi – Wuh [Ten Thosand Yen]
- Redlight – 9ts [Polydor]
- HolloH – Laying Awake [Rare Beef]
- FLAVA D – Groggy [Formula]
- Duke Dumont – Won’t Look Back (Shadow Child Remix) [Blasé Boys Club]